Each child is special;
Every child matters at Gyanodaya.
Gyanodaya Bal Batika is an institution which focuses on 21st Century Progressive Education – dynamic, reflective, world focused, adaptive, cooperative, process & inquiry-based and synergistic for personal and community development.
Effective approaches are based on evidence
The faculty is engaged in effective pedagogical practices where they can confidently use high-quality resources that have been built around a strong evidence base environment. With strong know-how of what has been demonstrated to be effective, the choice of particular pedagogical approach, or the selection of a particular program, will then depend on the response to identified student learning needs.
School leaders model effective practice.
The Founder Principal has taken a strong leadership role in encouraging the use of research-based teaching practices in all classrooms to ensure that every student is engaged, challenged and learning successfully. The teachers act as instructional leaders in communicating, promoting and modelling evidence-approaches which include:
- Teachers set high expectations for student’s progress for improving classroom performances.
- All teachers implement teaching methods that have been shown to be effective.
- Teachers create a classroom learning environment where all students are engaged, challenged, feel safe to take risks and are supported to learn.
- Teachers work to build a relationship between effort and success.
- Teachers provide continuous and timely feedback to students for further learning outcome.
Gyanodaya uses effective strategies.
All of the strategies above respond directly to student’s learning preferences, interest, and styles. The school implies that teachers need to engage in the following activities.
- Developing a clear understanding of what students’ learning needs actually are.
- Ensuring that teachers have a clear and comprehensive knowledge of what students can do.
- Understanding when instructional methodologies need to vary to accommodate differences in students learning needs or pace.
- Ensuring a range of strategies that can be employed to build variation into their teaching plan.
Teachers reflect on their work and that of students
Research published by Effective Philanthropy (2011) highlights the importance of teachers being able to adopt a reflective teaching approach if they are to become constantly responsive to students' learning needs. The most effective teachers combine strong professional teaching skills with reflective teaching practice. They assess students' performance on a regular and frequent basis to understand where each student is up to and what they need to be able to progress.
Gyanodaya faculty is well trained and facilitated to uphold the set standard of the school for the all-round development of its pupil and their well-being.
Here, we believe, that Education is a universal right and Gyanodaya provides a sound platform to ensure effective transformation for one to become a global citizen.